ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Flash Toy of the Week: How Well Can you Differentiate Colors?

<< < (6/11) > >>

Jimdoria:
I scored a 3! Not too bad.

As men age they lose the ability to discern the color yellow.

When I first heard this factoid, I doubted it. Then one day, a good friend told me about a family friend of his in his 70's who was helping my friend to paint his apartment. The old guy opened a can of light yellow paint and asked my friend "Is this gray?"

Men also lose their sense of humor as they age. So if you know any older men who can't see yellow, you probably don't want to needle them about it. They won't think it's so funny.

Women don't suffer these degradations. Just more evidence that they're generally put together better than men.

BTW - if the high score is 99, how did somebody score 1492?  :tellme: Did they arrange all the colors perfectly but put them in the wrong order?

Gothi[c]:
Scored a 0 without gluing my eyes to the screen..

I wonder what the results would be if you were to compare people using LCD monitors versus people using CRT monitors.

Niezbo:
I have CRT (Compaq S710)

BTW: 1520...  :D

I simply reorder colors that way:
05 16 27 38 49
Should be:
01234 56789

cranioscopical:
Didn't u know women perceive colour better than men?  ;) -CleverCat (September 17, 2008, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

You do so many things better than we do...
washing up springs to mind  :)

cranioscopical:
The old guy opened a can of light yellow paint and asked my friend "Is this gray?"
Men also lose their sense of humor as they age. So if you know any older men who can't see yellow, you probably don't want to needle them about it. They won't think it's so funny. -Jimdoria (September 17, 2008, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been in and out of board-level meetings all week, wearing this yellow flannel suit that my wife assured me was grey.
I fail to see the humour in that.
Nor do I find it funny to be greeted as Mr. Custard!
Other than that, my sense of humour is just fine.

(Does anyone here recall Richard Hearne)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version