ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a second task holder?

(1/2) > >>

justice:
I've got a lot of tasks running simultaneously, and have moved the task bar to the right of the wide-screen so I can read the window titles better. However when I have over 12 windows open it becomes annoying. I've used hide to system tray software in the past but I've got over 15 system tray icons already. So what I'm looking for is a 'drawer' that can hold my windows out of sight, and a way to hide windows to it and restore them from it.

idea:
taskbar = primary tasks;
taskdrawer = secondary tasks such as winamp, things i'm not working on;
system tray = for the rest.

I've started on a autohotkey script to do this but it's a bit more complicated than i thought (restore individual window, autohotkey is crap with arrays). Any software out there that can fill the gap? Bonus points for keyboard shortcuts. i don't want to use a virtual desktop manager :P

Actually its similar to my PutAside program but I want to hide windows even though i'm working on the same task, not all of them..

cmpm:
This is what I use when I have a lot running and need to choose one quickly.

http://www.ntwind.com/software/taskswitchxp.html

But this is for actual running programs that are 'up' on the screen rather then minimized.
I'm not sure if there is a setting to show -everything- running, including in the tray.

Paul Keith:
Some virtual desktop software like multidesk possess this function. It's still a virtual desktop, only you get the option to view all the files in all the virtual desktops at the same time.

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

jgpaiva:
Maybe VideoInPicture could help, you could remove the apps you don't want on the taskbar and just have them floating on the desktop.

CleverCat:
With object dock http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

You can have a visible or hidden dock and tell it to show open windows.  :Thmbsup:

It can also show the system tray!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version