Offer received from Tugboat ("Selkie"): Take Command @ 50% = $50
JP Software Take Command
. Normal listed price: $100 ~ until the end of September: $50
- if you use the rebate coupon tugboat50
However, they have 3 versions, one is FREE, and another ("LE") is $40, so you might want to compare:http://www.jpsoft.com/Comparison.html
I have not checked if the discount code also will work on the cheaper version.http://www.jpsoft.com/
Why Get Take Command?
The Take Command Graphical Shell Saves Time
Integrated file explorer - examine directories, drag and drop files
Run multiple command line sessions in a tabbed environment
Customizable startup tabs and toolbar
Common command input area for all sessions
Take Command Console Upgrades Your Command Processor
Built-in batch file editor and debugger (Not in LE)
Command line editing with filename completion, history, and cut & paste
Comprehensive help system
A CMD Compatible Advanced Command Language
157 Built-in Commands (111 in LE)
220 Functions (140 in LE)
149 System Variables (97 in LE)
Mature well tested code
Upwardly compatible with CMD.EXE with literally hundreds of additions
Works Well With Others
Fast - 20-200% faster output display than the standard Windows console
Access FTP servers as local directories
Use aliasing to customize the language
Integrate PERL, Ruby, REXX, VBScript and other Active Scripting languages
Available in English, French and German.
It is not easy to show a picture of a command line program, so here is an advice from their homepage:Don't get frustrated!
It's a real-time wizard that allows you to do very complicated file management actions with a few keystrokes:
- Select, copy, move and delete files in ways that a graphical shell or CMD can only dream of.
- Select or exclude files from any command by their date, time, size, and extended wildcards for extraordinary flexibility.
- FTP and HTTP locations can be treated as if they were local disk drives.
- Our graphical shell provides massive productivity increases for people who work at the command line a lot.
Take Command allows you to create enormously powerful Windows batch files to control repetitive processes:
- Almost 150 internal commands and a powerful batch debugger with single stepping, breakpoints, syntax colouring, popup variable windows, and editing;
- Real flow control including subroutines, DO statements, IF THEN ELSE statements, SWITCH statements and error handling;
- 220 internal functions and 140 internal systems variables make it easy to know everything about your computer;
- In Version 9, seven new monitoring commands allow you to set up watches for changes in things like processes, services, files or folders, USB ports, firewire ports, etc and take actions like emailing someone, killing processes or updating a website based on those changes.
Take Command goes beyond the standard command processor environment with features such as extensive context-sensitive online help, shell monitoring commands, plugins, aliases for commonly used commands, a powerful command line editor, history recall, filename completion (even across a network), popup command and directory history windows, and extended directory searches that can take you to any directory on your system by entering only part of its name. And if you don't like the default behaviour, Take Command allows you to adjust its configuration either through interactive dialogues or on the command line.
Buy Take Command at the JP Software e-store: