ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Match Alias First?

(1/3) > >>

CatamountJack:
Is there any way to make FARR reliably match an alias before performing a search?

For instance, I have an alias called "enable".  Usually I type "en" and press tab and it auto-completes to "enable".  Lately, about 50% of the time, when I type "en" it auto-completes to something else FARR is searching for (in my Program Files folder, since that's the first search directory).

I'm typing rather fast, and it seems like if I type slower the program will match the alias after a second or so and then it works - I'm not sure why the delay.

If possible, I'd rather not have to type any kind of extra prefix or anything to force an alias match (I like just having to type the first couple of characters in most cases), and some/most of the time it just works anyway.

Suggestions?

jgpaiva:
Does increasing the score of the alias to something outrageous help?

d4ni:
You could edit (or add if you don't use it now) the Regular Expression to ^en (.*)$. I don't know what the alias is supposed to do, but this way 'en' will definitely match the alias.

CatamountJack:
I increased the score to 9999, but it didn't make any difference this morning.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

It seems I run into this most when my computer is multi-tasking and running a bit slower than normal.

I've added the extra regular expression to what I already had there, hopefully that will fix it - but I dread doing the same thing for all the rest of my aliases as well, I have a bunch.

jgpaiva:
Maybe mouser will reply to this and explain why that happens ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version