ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

stackoverflow.com - programmers Q&A site by jeff atwood + joel spolsky is public

<< < (2/2)

Lashiec:
(And once a guy writes a UI design book, never let him design an actual UI people will be using. Those modal-looking text entry "dialog boxes" that dim the rest of the browser window are soooo inconvenient and un-Web-like, I think. But maybe I'm just irritated bacause I can't log in :) )
-tranglos (September 15, 2008, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's the latest Web 2.0 trend after the overuse of reflected logos :D

CWuestefeld:
Hmm, interesting. I'm a regular reader of CodingHorror, and enjoy Jeff Atwood.

I'd assumed that StackOverflow would be just another blog, and since I rather dislike reading Spolsky (I think he spends too much time enjoying his own cleverness), I had decided to avoid it. But if the site isn't spotlighting his writing, then maybe it's worth a look.

f0dder:
and since I rather dislike reading Spolsky (I think he spends too much time enjoying his own cleverness)-CWuestefeld (September 15, 2008, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Add me to you club :)

justice:
(And once a guy writes a UI design book, never let him design an actual UI people will be using. Those modal-looking text entry "dialog boxes" that dim the rest of the browser window are soooo inconvenient and un-Web-like, I think.
-tranglos (September 15, 2008, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
He didn't design the UI they outsourced it (can't find the entry on the codinghorror blog about it)

tranglos:
He didn't design the UI they outsourced it (can't find the entry on the codinghorror blog about it)
-justice (September 15, 2008, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was at fault anyway, because I was referring to text entry pop-up boxes at the support/bug reporting site at stackoverflow.uservoice.com, which has an almost identical look to the stackoverflow site but is in fact a different host.

But... he outsourced the UI? For what seems to be a personal pet project? This is so wrong!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version