ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

dpc latency checker: interesting if you plan to do serious Audio/video

<< < (2/2)

urlwolf:
Thanks yksyks.
I have a Dell 1390 WLAN minicard. Maybe not the same. I'm on XP also.

I don't get the crackling sound anyway. Don't fix if it ain't broke? But I do get plenty of red bars... Weird!

urlwolf:
yksyks:
Yes it was the wlan card!
I can't believe how careless dell is with its own hardware (the wireless card is made by Dell). This was a recent driver: 09-2007.
I rolled back the drivers to the ones Microsoft provides (ancient, 2006). Still gives me some red bars, but a lot less.

Disabling the wireless card is the only solution. I have an ugly cable all over the floor to my laptop, thanks to stupid Dell.

Never again will I buy Dell. Maybe not even a PC.

yksyks:
urlwolf:

I'm glad my research was not vain. However, for me it was enough to disable one not used protocol, not the whole WLAN card. And I'm very satisfied with Dell, except for this case and the case with the "software" sound card.

Scott:
My sound has always been fine, until a few weeks ago.  Then, for reasons unknown, I started having "skips" in my sound.  It's absolutely maddening; I can't even listen to music on this machine anymore.

Someone in another forum pointed me to the DPC Latency Checker, but it's just a visual interpretation of what I already hear.  I guess it will be easier (and maybe slightly less annoying) to use, rather than playing music and listening for the dropouts.

My audio drivers are fine.  I haven't updated any other drivers lately except for TrueCrypt.  I'm wondering if that's at fault.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version