ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Vuln. Alert: Malformed URLs Crash Acrobat 9

<< < (5/5)

Ehtyar:
Hahaha, awesome post Deo, thanks :)

Ehtyar.

Carol Haynes:
Your definition of "Denial of Service" is basically anything that stops something from working! Would a blown fuse be a denial of service? How about over heating?

How would you deal with rodents nibbling at your cables? Presumably shout at them "Stop denying my my service" before you drop something heavy on them  :mad:

Denial of Service is generally understood to be a deliberate act - i.e. a DENIAL of service. The most common kind is flooding a server with requests so that no one else can use the server.

A bug isn't a denial that is just crappy programming and testing - or are you saying Adobe deliberately sell software that is designed to frustrate you. (I know Mouser would take this attitude  :-*).

Ehtyar:
I refuse to continue debating this subject. Those of you unfamiliar with IT security terminology should consider withholding your comments unless you're certain what you're talking about.

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
In short, if someone asks, Adobe locks or crashes. Just like it used to do in previous versions when closing the browser with the plugin loaded :D

At least it's not a serious vulnerability (unless I'm missing something), and otherwise Acrobat 9 is pretty nice, fast and everything (I thought it would never happen).

Ehtyar:
At least it's not a serious vulnerability
-Lashiec (September 15, 2008, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
Correct.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version