ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

News Article: Obama Sex Video Serves Up Malware

(1/1)

Ehtyar:
Emails are circulating attempting to fleece the reader into watching a hoax home-sex video, only to infect their PC with malware.

Cyber crooks are trying to cash in on fascination with the US presidential race by sending trick email promising a sex video starring candidate Barack Obama, says Sophos, a computer security firm.

Email recipients gullible enough to click on an enclosed link get to see a seemingly homemade sex video that doesn't feature the presidential contender but does secretly install malicious software on people's computers.

--- End quote ---

Full Story

Ehtyar.

jgpaiva:
 ;D Well, I'd say this isn't very original, just by checking my spam section in gmail, I could get a few of thses, but promising "britney spears sex", "angelina jolie nude" and even nude pictures of myself!  ;D ;D
Honestly, these days, I'm not even sure if someone who is stupid enough to open one of those emails from someone who he doesn't know should have a computer at all..

Stoic Joker:
I'm not even sure if someone who is stupid enough to open one of those emails from someone who he doesn't know should have a computer at all..
-jgpaiva (September 14, 2008, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
100% Correct! You can not protect people from themselves, and attempting to do so only forces the rest of us to suffer. The information super-highway (like the interstate highway) simply requires that one drives their carputer defensively.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version