ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New version: Copernic Desktop Search 3

<< < (2/3) > >>

yksyks:
It depends on what you need. For me the NEAR operator is the must, so as far as I know, in the freeware rank there are no other alternatives. Anyway, if Copernic 2.3 runs under Vista, which I didn't try yet, there's no need to switch.

TucknDar:
SOunds like some wise moves by the company :-\

Why do software developers do this? It's ok to have a free and a "pro" or whatever version, but sucks when suddenly features are ripped out of the free v. and you'll have pay for stuff that used to be free. [/end of rant]

masu:
I tried MS Desktop Search now.
It looks good until now.

Just some things bother me:
- is it not possible to adjust which columns should be displayed in the search results?
- can I Index my Thunderbird Mails
- Search when I type in the normal Search desktop view

philosopherdog:
I also can't believe that Copernic did this. They can write software but they have some management issues that are making me want to switch too. The last time I used Windows Desktop Search it was a nightmare, but that was just when the previous version was released. What's the word on their latest version? Anyone an advocate? I heard it was more stable and less of a hog.

Darwin:
I've run the latest WDS under both XP Pro and Vista. I quite like it but haven't used it *that* much because I have a licence for X1 and prefer it because of its superior previewing capabilities. From my limited experience, though, I'd say you're safe giving it a try. FWIW I *hated* the previous version of WDS and vowed never to use it again... Don't know if that qualifies as an endorsement or not, but you can take it at minimum as an indication that the latest version is MUCH better than the previous one (at least on my systems)  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version