topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: See if your singing is on pitch!  (Read 7725 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
See if your singing is on pitch!
« on: September 11, 2008, 03:14 PM »
I like to sing, but not everybody would want me to do so! You of course have a much better voice, but maybe it is just a little unschooled or untrained? This program from CantOvation will let you see if your singing is on pitch!

http://www.singandsee.com/
Sing & SeeTM
- Singing Software for real-time visual feedback of the voice in vocal training

Sing & See is the singing training software that teachers and singers all over the world are now using to improve their learning experience. It shows the singer and teacher visual displays that represent the voice - pitch, loudness, and timbre. This direct visual feedback enhances the spoken feedback that teachers give their students, and allows singers to see patterns in their voices that they might otherwise miss out on hearing.

Sing & See enables you to actually see your voice on the computer screen - as you sing. The singing software contains sophisticated algorithms that analyse your voice to work out what pitch you're singing. It is then displayed on the computer screen in easy-to-understand displays.

Sing & See converts sung sound into visual on-screen information about pitch, loudness, and timbre - you sing, and you see how you are singing. It is voice training at its best.

S&S_Video1.gif

See some fine, instructive videos :up: on the company's homepage:

S&S_Mac.gif

Versions for Win or for Mac (including "CrossOver"), but Mac versions only runs on Intel Macs.
I was somewhat confused by the prices, so remember to check yourself, but apparently they are:
Licenses: Student from €30 to $59, Pro from €66.75 to $139, Teacher's Pack $219.
No Mac version for students because CrossOver itself usually is $59
NOTE: For a very short time you can get Sing & See for  a great 25% discount! This special introductory discount is only available until 14th Sep, 2008, after which you will have to pay the normal retail price.

Sing & See Professional is now available for download at a special price of €89 only €66.75 Euro. CD-ROM + €7.00

Note: We only recommend the more expensive versions for singers who are advanced and either have a teacher or have already had extensive vocal training in how the voice works. Otherwise you're not going to get the full benefit and you might as well get the cheaper Student version. You can always upgrade later on when you're really ready for it.

S&S_Video3.gif

Again: watch the fine videos, they will explain a lot better.
http://www.singandse...om/forsingers.php?o4

S&S_Video.gif

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: See if your singing is on pitch!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Looks interesting, Curt. Thanks for pointing it out.

This might be just what I need in light of a recent request from my wife.
She would prefer me to pitch my singing altogether.