topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: URL Snooper 2 again  (Read 3150 times)

tymonator

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
URL Snooper 2 again
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:23 AM »
 :huh:

OK so here is my situation again...

I have an HP TX2120US which is a tablet pc running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 with 250G HD and 4GB RAM

I had previously installed URL Snooper 2 and it not only wouldn't find my Network adapter but it wouldn't shut down either!

So...

I decided to run it as an "Administrator"!

By doing this URL Snooper 2 found my network adapter and started snooping URL through IE. Yeah right? :)

Wrong...

After I shut it down by clicking "X" I tried to fire it back up as "Administrator" and it didn't even look for the network adapter because it was already stored in the program from the previous use... Sounds good right?

Wrong...

It ABSOLUTELY would not snoop no matter what I did so...

I uninstalled it and it's counter program WINPCAP about 3 dozen times without success! ugghhh :(

But then...

I realized that everytime I uninstalled URL Snooper 2 it would leave some files behind in my C:\Prog files\URLSnooper2 folder.

So...

I DELETED the settings file!

After doing so...

I fired up URL Snooper 2 in "Administrator" and it looked for my network card and found it again and lo and behold it was snooping! Yeah right?

Wrong...

After using the program over the course of a few weeks and deleting the "Settings" file after EVERY use it is now NO LONGER WORKING AGAIN!

If anyone has any suggestions or answers please help me out.

Thanks,

Tymonator