ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Has the LHC destroyed the world yet?

(1/11) > >>

TPReal:
Good to have the latest info.

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

Have a look at the page source, how neatly they check if the world has ended or not. Only I think it's a bug that they don't detect the actual reason of the end of the world, in case of it happening :)

Grorgy:
lol, if it ends, the actual reason wont concern me too much  ;)

Crush:
I read that a second LHC is existing in Bielefeld - in case somethingĀ“s going terrible wrong... perhaps they want to destroy a black hole with a second one?

Carol Haynes:
Actually I thought it would have been kind of neat if the Earth had been destroyed in a proton sized black hole. It would have at least stopped global warming - and just think no more British summers!!! It would also solve the world terror issue and the US christian right in a flash (plus they would all be very happy with the outcome).

The final irony is that Switzerland - the country that avoids conflict at all costs - would be responsible for world demolition.

Now ... where's that 'Dial a Vogon' card I had  :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

40hz:
It has. You are now in a parallel alternate universe exactly like the one you were in before they fired up the LHC.

Unfortunately, due to the relativistic nature of this universe there is absolutely no way of showing that to have happened.

Best not to think about it too much. That way madness lies. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version