topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Open Multiple Selected Links in IE  (Read 4229 times)

appyface

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Isn't she beautiful? :-)
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Open Multiple Selected Links in IE
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Good Morning,

I have spent the last hour or so searching here and elsewhere on the 'net but cannot come up with an IE plugin/addon/etc. that will do what I want.  There are a number of programs that have some of the features I wish for, such as LinkGrabber from this forum.  I am hoping it is easy to get all the features I want, into a single package  :eusa_dance:   And of course, PLEASE point me to any links or posts if I missed finding existing tool, thanks!

I currently use the freeware program "Selected Links"  http://www.mikos.boom.ru/index.htm  which works quite well for what it is designed to do, it just falls a little short.  I have written the developer to ask about plans for future but have received no response. 

"Selected Links" installs into IE as an option on the Tools menu.  Highlight a section of a webpage and launch "Selected Links".  A dialog window will open with all the URLs found in the highlighted section.  The "Copy All" button will copy all the URLs to clipboard if desired.  The "Open All" button will open all the URLs in new tabs in the current IE7 instance. 

If nothing is highlighted, "Selected Links" will open with a blank dialog window.  Which is pretty much useless, because the one feature lacking is the ability to paste into the dialog window...  If I had that feature, the tool would be all that I need it to be.

Most often I want to first alter the list of URLs before opening them.  And just as often I want to start a new browser instance and open the list of URLs as tabs in the new instance, not as more tabs in the current instance.

With the addition of being able to paste back into the dialog window, I could do both easily. 

Using external editor of my choice I could do as I like with the list of URLs and paste them back in to the dialog window.  I could also launch a new instance of the browser, open the tool's empty dialog window, and paste my list.  Then clicking "Open All" button would open the URLs as tabs in the new instance.

Thanks in advance for consideration of this idea.  And if such a tool already exists and I missed it, thanks in advance for sending me off to go have a look!

--appyface