ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop Bring to front

(1/3) > >>

ogecrom:
The problem: I like to leave a lot of files on windows desktop. Sometimes I have a lot of applications running, and then I need to open one of those files. But I don't want to minimize everything (I know about windows+d and windows+m). I just want a fast desktop view and double click.

The idea: To use a custom key or key combination that while pressed, it shows the desktop over the applications without minimizing everything. But not only show, let me double click on the file.
I would use for example the scroll lock, while pressed, desktop shows.

You could hide all windows and then get it back in the correct z order, without minimizing. Or you could create a new windows which represents the actual desktop, and allow the double click.

VideoInPicture:
Someone already created it: http://www.shuric.com/viewpage.php?page_id=2

ogecrom:
Oh, thank you. I will try it.

wetsmellydog:
If you are just trying to access the files/shortcuts on your desktop, you can right click on on the task bar, choose toolbars and then check desktop. You will have desktop files/shortcuts access on the right of the task bar with one click while your active window(s) are still in place.

Paul Keith:
Also you could also use a special folder if you're more into launchers like Launchy. It can also be extra convenient due to the fact that not only do you have a cleaner desktop but when you can remember the specific file you want to open, as long as it's indexed, it's going to be instantly opened without the need for a mouse click.

On a side note, is there an application like this for Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version