Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 11:03:05 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alias: Send Twitter updates from Farr  (Read 26901 times)
Jabberwock
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »

I have a problem with Polish characters... (ąęćźż etc.). They are rendered as French and Spanish letters...
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »

I have a problem with Polish characters... (ąęćźż etc.). They are rendered as French and Spanish letters...

i can't seem to type the characters even though i found a chart for it. i would appreciate if you can let me know whether the characters appear normally when you type inside the Farr? also let me know if you can post an update containing the Polish chars by typing in Twitter's webpage itself.

Jabberwock
Participant

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 05:07:58 PM »

Yes, Polish characters can be input normally in FARR and return appropriate searches. Twitter displays normal Polish characters when input from the web and from a mobile phone app.

You will not be able to input them on non-Polish OSes with RightAlt-letter combination, unless you change the keyboard driver in the International settings (it's Polish (programmers')). You might try the Alt+ numpad digits option (described here, at the end of the page):

http://adsorption.org/awm/info/pl-codes.htm

However, I am not sure if this will give Polish characters on non-Polish Windows. Try it out in Notepad first, FARR seems to capture some Alt+numpad combinations.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 08:48:24 PM »

thanks for the link, now i can copy-paste the characters. i'll do some further testing on curl later this week.

reckoner
Supporting Member

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 09:33:56 AM »

Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm having some trouble installing this. I have followed the instructions exactly, but I can't get this plug-in to come up in the plug-ins dialog within FARR.

It just doesn't seem to recognize it. On the other hand, DCupdater seems to recognize it and offer an update. However, even updating using DCupdater doesn't fix this. It is still not present in the plug-ins dialog within FARR.

Thanks in advance.
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »

Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm having some trouble installing this. I have followed the instructions exactly, but I can't get this plug-in to come up in the plug-ins dialog within FARR.

It just doesn't seem to recognize it. On the other hand, DCupdater seems to recognize it and offer an update. However, even updating using DCupdater doesn't fix this. It is still not present in the plug-ins dialog within FARR.

Thanks in advance.

Its an alias not a plugin which I think the folder should go into the FARR folder group AliasGroups\Installed and if it doesn't show still restart FARR. Since it is an alias it will not show up in the plug-ins dialog.

EDIT: Also follow the instructions on the first post.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:47:39 AM by hamradio » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
reckoner
Supporting Member

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »

Its an alias not a plugin which I think the folder should go into the FARR folder group AliasGroups\Installed and if it doesn't show still restart FARR. Since it is an alias it will not show up in the plug-ins dialog.

EDIT: Also follow the instructions on the first post.

Thanks. You are right. Brain freeze on my part.
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 02:44:19 AM »

Is it possible to add the feature of showing how many remaining characters can be typed in a twitter message?

hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 01:10:46 PM »

Is it possible to add the feature of showing how many remaining characters can be typed in a twitter message?

My guess would be no since this is just an alias and not an actual plug-in but I am not sure.

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 10:29:49 PM »

hamradio is right. since this is an alias, it's not possible.

thanks for answering the queries hamradio. smiley

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »

hamradio is right. since this is an alias, it's not possible.

thanks for answering the queries hamradio. smiley

Posted a request for Twitter plugin here.

hejer
Participant

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 01:34:27 AM »

I just tried Japanese words but it still doesn't work.did anyone try multi-byte character like korean or japanese or chinese?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 03:53:45 AM »

there was some work done to make it work with accented characters but it's not possible to do the same with double-byte chars.

rtruch
Participant

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 06:19:53 AM »

Rookie request:

- Can you please provide some examples of specifically what you would type for a 'twitter direct message'?  After you type 'tw' and select 'twitter direct message'.  But before you hit 'enter'.

I have no doubt that it is 100% user error but I am new to this and can't seem to get the syntax down.  Or perhaps it is not installed correctly.

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 07:13:41 AM »

Can you please provide some examples of specifically what you would type for a 'twitter direct message'?  After you type 'tw' and select 'twitter direct message'.  But before you hit 'enter'.

to send a direct message (dm), simply type the username followed by a space then the message, after that use the 'down' arrow key to select the 2nd item and press 'enter'. that's all to it. smiley

here's a screenshot showing that. hth..

rtruch
Participant

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »

Thank you.  It was user error.

Works perfectly.

For what its worth, for the few of us that use hiveminder for task tracking.  The combo of your alias and texter is a wonderful accelerator to getting tasks on the radar quickly with little distraction.

Thank you!
rtruch
Participant

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2009, 05:47:11 PM »

okay .. last question.  Sorry to be a pain.

This works fine on my home computer.  But my work laptop asks me 'Which user account do you want to run this program?'.  Upon selecting a user, focus returns to the FARR dialogue and nothing happens.

Thoughts?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2009, 06:29:36 PM »

Sounds like the buggy version of FARR i released briefly before the latest update.  Download the latest FARR.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »

This works fine on my home computer.  But my work laptop asks me 'Which user account do you want to run this program?'.  Upon selecting a user, focus returns to the FARR dialogue and nothing happens.

as mouser mentioned, this has been fixed in the version 2.80.02, please update and try again. smiley

rtruch
Participant

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »

Outstanding.  It works perfectly now.

Dash is coming off.  FARR rules.
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 04:43:07 AM »

BUUUMP, latest version off of DCUpdater works fine with my crazy Norwegian characters, æ, ø, å, etc... however the version in the first post in this thread, doesn't work, so I suggest you update it, lanux Wink

Otherwise, thanks for a wonderful alias. I'm hopeful that something similar for Facebook status will be possible eventually. They've released their API, so maybe...
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 09:02:39 PM »

BUUUMP, latest version off of DCUpdater works fine with my crazy Norwegian characters, æ, ø, å, etc... however the version in the first post in this thread, doesn't work, so I suggest you update it, lanux Wink

thanks for this discovery, i'll update the 1st post. thumbs up

Otherwise, thanks for a wonderful alias. I'm hopeful that something similar for Facebook status will be possible eventually. They've released their API, so maybe...

actually there is this script that uses cURL to update Facebook status. smiley

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »

i just remembered that FarrWebMetaSearch by phitsc is a very handy Farr plugin. there is support for Twitter and the search results are shown live as you type. thumbs up

http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=21340.0

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »

ok, this is not so good news. as of August 31, twitter has switched to OAuth exclusively and removes basic authentication support from the API. this means the alias cannot be used to post updates anymore, i'll see if i can add OAuth support but no promises.. Sad

http://blog.twitter.com/2...plications-and-oauth.html

Saturday24
Participant

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »

Any updates on this? what alternative way of tweeting have you developed since?
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.05 ]