ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Alias: Send Twitter updates from Farr

<< < (3/11) > >>

lanux128:
for the record, i hardly use accented characters in Farr since i have no files that use them.

ak_:
Damn, looks like i wrote my answer and forgot to post it :)

To answer your question Lanux, i can write accented characters into FARR and my keyboard layout is a french AZERTY.

When i tried using the Twitter alias, something like this happened : i wrote "rédige un Twit accentué" and the result was "a___k r un Twit accentu".

I think the problem might come from curl.exe (i think you use it to send request) because i remember using to update a remote txt file and having accent problems too.

lanux128:
yes, curl.exe is used to send the updates so i tried on a console window to see curl's output using this command:

curl.exe --basic --user <username>:<password> --data status="<type here>" http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml

i typed "test - rédige un Twit accentué" and here's the partial output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<status>
  <created_at>Wed May 13 00:32:59 +0000 2009</created_at>
  <id>xxxxxxxxxx</id>
  <text>test - redige un Twit accentue</text>
  …
-output
--- End quote ---

the encoding is set to "UTF-8", though the accents are dropped. i can't figure out this one yet, please let me know if you find out why this happens. in the meantime, i may have to look into curl's manual. :)

lanux128:
thanks to mouser and ak_, this latest update of Twitter alias will work with accented characters (see pic). do give it a try and send me some feedback. :)

P.S. download link on the 1st post.

Perry Mowbray:
When my alias updated via dcUpdater it was unpacked into a sub-directory of the original:
C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\Installed\twitter\twitter

Does that mean your zip package was zipped at the directory level?  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version