ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Free uCalc calculator just for trying the new animated tutorial

<< < (3/3)

J-Mac:
I never made it to the testing...

What may be missing on a fully updated XP??
- I am not going to click OK until I have an idea of what this is about.
 (see attachment in previous post)

-Curt (October 03, 2008, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it sounds like the application installer package wants to update system files - but you knew that!

Personally, I wouldn't want any application's installer pack to be updating my system files. Some older system files might be there because another installed application needs them to run. I've seen this before on my computer.

Plus uCalc is not telling you which files it wants to update. So if this updating of system files happens to leave your machine a mess, you will have to do a fair amount of diagnostics before you could even begin to try and fix it. If it by chance renders your machine unable to boot up, you'd better have a nice, new image of your system available to boot from!

Jim

Curt:
... Some older system files might be there because another installed application needs them to run.
-J-Mac (October 03, 2008, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
2. A better install would be nice... One that doesn't scream 'VB'! -ethan (September 14, 2008, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I realize that only yesterday another program insisted that I should get VB6KO.dll - which I did. MAYBE it degraded the already installed VB6 version? Can this be the reason? I will try to remove it, and see what happens.

Free uCalc calculator just for trying the new animated tutorial

Curt:
... another program insisted that I should get VB6KO.dll - which I did. MAYBE it degraded the already installed VB6 version? Can this be the reason? I will try to remove it, and see what happens.
-Curt (October 03, 2008, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

- yes, that did the trick.

However, when I extracted the uCalc container, I renamed the new folder into uCalc. I shouldn't have done so:

2. A better install would be nice... One that doesn't scream 'VB'!
-ethan (September 14, 2008, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version