ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

New Member Map Mod for the Forum -- Configure Your Profile Location!

<< < (12/14) > >>

mouser:
note that once its loaded, moving around and clicking dont cause server load, so that wouldnt help the server, though it might make it easier to see things..  maybe a compromise would be to change the pin for clicked user to green.

cranioscopical:
change the pin for clicked user to green.
-mouser (January 16, 2009, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

That seems a good idea!

Carol Haynes:
Seems like a reasonable idea - but if the user is in a heavily populated area of the map it still woulldn't necessarily show where the user is without having to dig about.

If I click on an individual user map location it seems to make sense to me to only show that user - it is then very clear. If I want to see where everyone is I can click on member map.

wreckedcarzz:
Wondering: Could there be an implemented function in the search box or something to search for a user on the map? Maybe even a search box on the map page itself? It would make finding people much easier (I know you can go to their profile, but this way it kind of integrates a bit). Just a thought.

yksyks:
Sorry for bothering with not so important issue, but I can't see avatars of many members when clicking the pin. It applies to myself, but for Darwin, for example, too. It appears that the missing avatars pictures incorrectly point to https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/avatars/, thus no picture is displayed.

Anyway, thanks for having the map back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version