topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate  (Read 33413 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36 PM »
    Just an update: received an upgrade e-mail from Corel this morning - they're offering the upgrade from PSPP X2 to PSPP X2 Ultimate for $29.99 (CDN or USD). Only mollifies me a tiny amount...

Why would they make such an offer:
    • Transfers a bit more of your money to Corel.
    • Keeps you there as a customer - most people are apt to stay with a known "evil" if offered a "deal".
    • Keeps your attention on their product.

Have fun!

Jim

PS:  Why doesn't the BBCode "Ordered List" code (Numbered) work anymore??[/list]
    « Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:38 PM by J-Mac »

Darwin

• Charter Member
    • Joined in 2005
      • View Profile
      • Donate to Member
    « Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 01:53 PM »
    Yeah... implicit (or intended to be implicit at any rate) in my post is that I'm not going near this offer with a barge-pole.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
    • Joined in 2006
      • View Profile
      • Donate to Member
    « Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 06:56 PM »
    [Photoshop] is expensive but you can get it cheaply by registering as student at a recognised institution (it doesn't have to be long term or full time - just an evening class will do at a recognised college - find a photoshop class!. Do check the local conditions at adobe.com by going to the academic shop for your country) and then buy the academic edition which is identical to the commercial product.
    One caveat: though the academic edition is identical to the commercial product, I think you can't get a comparable academic discount on upgrades.  IIRC, you have to buy Photoshop all over again at the full academic price each time you upgrade to a new version.  I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think I recall finding this out a year or so ago when Photoshop came out with a new version.  I decided not to upgrade.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
    • Global Moderator
    • Joined in 2005
      • View Profile
      • Donate to Member
    « Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 06:32 AM »
    The academic price is basically the upgrade price anyway.

Adobe now seem to be offering two options (at least on their suites - not sure about individual apps). You can choose to have an even cheaper student version (with no upgrade rights and non-commercial usage) or the full version at academic price but which can be upgraded and used professionally.

The first makes a good offer during the course but the last is a good option if your studies are coming to an end.

Note you can only buy a product once during a 12 month period.