ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate

<< < (2/6) > >>

Darwin:
got a pesky license system-f0dder (September 09, 2008, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't even get me started on the licensing system (though the workaround is pretty easy...  ;))

f0dder:
got a pesky license system-f0dder (September 09, 2008, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't even get me started on the licensing system (though the workaround is pretty easy...  ;))
-Darwin (September 09, 2008, 06:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, well, one of the great things about older PSP versions is that it survives a windows reinstall - I have a bunch of apps (c:\usr\prg) that I simply move to another partition before formatting, then move back after windows is reinstalled, and presto they still work. (Definitely) not so with PSP X and later >_<

app103:
I have both v7 & 9 (7 is my fav)

The way I feel about it, if you run PSP the first time and it doesn't say "Jasc" on the splash screen...then close it, don't run it again, and uninstall it instead.

Lutz_:
The only positive aspect of this "release" could be that they might be working on a complete overhaul of the program (which is certainly necessary : 16- bit  imaging,  multi-core compatible, 64-bit OS compatibility) that needs considerably longer than the usual release cycle. ???
Alas, it is Corel, and the only thing certain about Corel is a moronic management. I do not have too many hopes.

Carol Haynes:
Corel is the graveyard of software ...

They buy out brilliant packages from reputable companies and then turn them systematically into buggy dogs breakfasts.

When you think Corel Draw and WordPrefect used to be near (or even at) the top of the heap - now they have drifted so far off traget I cannot imagine why anyone would steal some of their products - let alone buy them.

PaintShop Pro is just another brilliant package that has died a death of a thousand cuts under Corel's stewardship.

Painter seems to be just about holding its own but I think they got the original developers to continue the work when they bought that package from MetaCreations. New versions tend to be buggy but each version seems to get one or two service packs that fix the worst of the bugs. (The classic one was in version 7 when saving your file over an existing file corrupted the image file so it couldn't be opened again!)

The KPT photoshop plugins are still being sold even though they were losing compatibility back in Photoshop 7 days and they have seen no work at all since they were bought.

Intervideo will also go the way of Corel. They have released new versions of some apps but at a rough guess I would say you are likely to be paying for a new logo with the word Corel instead of Intervideo and not much else.

My favourite was when they released a Debian based version of Linux - they struggled on through 2 versions, were completely unable to provide any technical support (because none of there tech people even knew what Linux was - let alone have an understanding) and finally gave up when so many people demanded their money back because it simply did not get through the installation process on most systems!

The quicker Corel dies the better IMHO. Put the poor beggars out of their misery and put them on welfare - they will probably be more productive  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version