ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate

(1/6) > >>

Darwin:
I'm out of breath just reading the name of this latest offering from Corel. Where I think most PSPP X2 users were anticipating PSPP X3 be released about now, expecting it to be a paid fix for the problems in PSPP X2 v. 12.0.1 (note the version number: Corel have relesaed one fix in over a year and it's so bad, most users have stuck with the original release because of a number of new bugs introduced by the patch), Corel announced this today instead:

Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate
Includes everything in Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, plus:

* Enhanced! Support for more than 250 camera raw formats

* New! Background remover plug-in to change the background of a photo

* Enhanced! Creative content pack with 150 new photo frames, photo edges and Picture Tubes™

* New! Certified for Windows Vista® for better performance and enhanced security

* Bonus! 2 GB USB flash drive to store and transfer your digital photos

* Bonus! Corel® Painter™ Photo Essentials 4 to turn photos into paintings in 3 easy steps

* Bonus! Media recovery software to retrieve images, movies and sound files, even from reformatted memory cards
--- End quote ---

PSPP X2 users are offered this incredible upgrade for $59.99! Amazing! Product comparision chart here: http://www.corel.com/img/content/products/psppx2/corel-paint-shop-pro-photo-x2-past-version-comparison.pdf

What's next? Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 Ultimater? CPSPP X2 was supposed to be the Professional version now we're being encouraged to upgrade to Ultimate because we'll have access to full professional power, rather than Standard. A$$holes. They've sunk to new depths. Usually, they are maligned for trotting out bug fixes and requiring their user base (read: dopes that have paid out of pocket to be their beta testers) to pay for them in the form of major upgrades. Now, as far as I can see, they're not even offering that, just the RAW support that people have been clamouring for since PSP X (and which was supposed to have been part of X1 and X2) and some crap they've thrown together. Ooh, aah! A 2GB thumbdrive! I can one for about $7 at Futureshop - name brand no less! Dumbed down versions of their other software that are bundled free with drawing tablets and such devices (in hope that buyers will pay to upgrade to the "full" version), etc.

Corel has hit a new low, in my opinion...

EDIT: grammar, grammar, grammar.

Darwin:
PS when PSP Photo X2 came out IT was supposed to be Vista ready. What the...?

Deozaan:
I'd heard about the impending doom of PaintShop Pro when Corel bought it out with PSP X. People kept saying that Corel screwed everything up they touched.

PSP X was the last version I owned, but I still prefer PSP 8. (I never had PSP 9.)

Darwin:
I have PSP 9 and it's great! I paid to upgrade to X and it was dreadful - a real resource hog. X1 came out and I stayed away, but won a full copy so installed it. Even worse. X2, in fairness is pretty good - it opens nice and quickly and is stable on my system. I'm just very annoyed by the crassness of Corel and their blatant disregard for the user base.

Looks like the naysayers were right. What's worse, they now own WinZip, WinDVD, and other titles. No doubt WinZip will be rebranded soon as "Corel WinZip Pro TextEditor Plus X3 Ultimate"!

PS I retain copyright on both Corel WinZip Pro TextEdtor Plus X3 Ultimate and Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 Ultimater.

f0dder:
Imho, PSP9 was the last usable version of PSP - indeed (for me), corel broke it. Got slow, got a pesky license system, etc etc etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version