ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

[Suggestion] Task Manager

(1/2) > >>

FuriCuri:
First of all - congratulation with nice program. Keep up a good work.

And a suggestion: it would be awesome to get task manager embedded into on of the rings - with two mouse clicks you can switch between your programs without need to go to the edge of the screen (and with all those big modern monitors it's not convenient to read the bottom line of icons too).

Also it would be nice to have ability to show circle dock with combination of mouse key. Lets say like "right click + middle click" - this way middle click will be left to such functions as open link in the new window/tab in moder browsers.

VideoInPicture:
I have most of the code to put a task manager into Circle Dock but haven't had the time to do it yet. It's getting busy with University classes again.

As for using a combination of mouse clicks to toggle Circle Dock, I don't think it would be feasible to implement because you would then have a delay in all the mouse clicks you make as the program waits for a second click or no click. I've tried this thing before and I've found it to be annoying.

However, you may want to give http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm a try to remap your mouse buttons or use it to do a combination that toggles Circle Dock.

FuriCuri:
Cool. Looking forward for you to have time to implement task manager.

Rostam:
Regarding this topic, I thought I might direct you to a post on Lifehacker.com: Lifehacker post

It shows you ways to make shortcuts to lots of different windows things, such as the task manager, power options (shut down, restart, lock, hibernate), screensaver toggling, volume mute, etc. I've made shortcuts for the first two (task manager + all power options) (I don't really want/need the other). In any case, what I do is keep a folder that holds lots of shortcuts specifically to be used within CD. This way all of them are consolidated (i.e. security from accidental deletion or movement) and I'll always know where all my program links are. The system works just fine with CD.

Perhaps you still want to have the task manager link natively supported in CD but this could be a temporary (or permanent) solution to that problem.

VideoInPicture:
Thanks for the tip. I'll create a new page for tips on the Circle Dock web site to help people out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version