ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Can you think of a way to add tabs to the circle?

(1/4) > >>

cozumelsea:
Is it possible to transform the circle in to a kind of a top view file cabinet? where there is a tab option on each circle so you can collapse the files or icons in to a tab that will then be controllable, you could extract it from the circle or minimize it back to "behind" the circle?
this way you can have as many tabs as you want around the circle, they can be color coded, and in 3d so as to have a few layers of tabs.

jgpaiva:
You know that you can add folders to Circle Dock? I think it'd pretty much acomplish what you're thinking.

cozumelsea:
Yea I know that, but I was thinking visually, it looks clattered and un proportional with all the icons around the dock.
if you had a way of "storing" the files in small tabs it would be possible to use the dock as an alternative to the desktop, so its not only a kind of a table with shortcuts but the actual directory manger, it would look like the FF tab toolbar only as if you took it and folded it to fit around the dock.
that way its not just icons that open in regular windows but the icon is transformed into a tab that once opened has the icons "in it" like a drawer. so i can take all of my files (images and documents) that has to do with project XYZ and put them together in this "drawer" that will be actually a tab around the dock.
am I making sense? should I send a drawing?

Lashiec:
Oh, you mean something like Stacks in Mac OS X, and how it looks when you expand it?

cozumelsea:
Ill try and make a drawing in ps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version