ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Font managers reviews and opinions

<< < (7/7)

Veign:
Does sound good.  Wish I had the time to push updates to the application.  It has always been a very popular app and I tried finding it a home but nobody wanted to take over the code so now it just sits dormant.

J-Mac:
I'm still a bit gun shy regarding the Themida anti-piracy software that gets installed with it.-J-Mac (September 06, 2011, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

are you talking about the Advanced Font Viewer there Jim?

-tomos (September 06, 2011, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Comes with all the products they sell, AFAIK.

Jim

tomos:
There's still some good info in this thread so I'll post here:

Gizmo's Best Free Font Manager is still there, last updated this year, still showing NexusFont on top (but note NexusFont was last updated mid 2012).

I'm prompted to post because MainType has just released version 6.
Now has Pro & Standard versions - tbh I dont fully understand the differences (yet):

Font managers reviews and opinions
http://www.high-logic.com/font-manager/maintype/comparison.html

Cost is $39/79. Upgrade from v.3 upwards is $29/39

As per email, the improvements in v.6 are:

Font Tags
Over the years numerous customers have asked us to provide better support for searching and categorizing their font library. Previous versions of MainType already came with several ways to group and categorize font collections, but the new font tagging functionality adds another dimension to managing your font library. It allows you to provide meaningful tags to your fonts, so you can easily find and use the right fonts for every occasion.

Synchronization
With font folder synchronization it is a breeze to use shared fonts on a network drive, so a team can work with exactly the same group of fonts as part of their font collection. Of course it's also possible to synchronize local font folders.

Other Improvements
Several existing features have been improved. The backup and restore features are accessible through the Tools menu. Numerous new toolbar icons have been added, and several dialogs have been redesigned.
--- End quote ---

tomos:
Cost is $39/79. Upgrade from v.3 upwards is $29/39
-tomos (November 06, 2014, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW -- these prices for MainType standard/pro run until 21 November -- normally they $10 more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version