ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Font managers reviews and opinions

<< < (3/7) > >>

Curt:
I was lucky to get Advanced Font Viewer 4.42 for free from Givewayoftheday.
I have absolutely no idea if it even is among The Best, but it suites me. However, the new version 5 is $97, which is absurd. There surely must be something both better & cheaper!

http://www.styopkin.com/details_advanced_fonts_viewer.html

tomos:
I was lucky to get Advanced Font Viewer 4.42 for free from Givewayoftheday.
I have absolutely no idea if it even is among The Best, but it suites me. However, the new version 5 is $97, which is absurd. There surely must be something both better & cheaper!

http://www.styopkin.com/details_advanced_fonts_viewer.html
-Curt (September 08, 2008, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

their website sure doesnt make it look like $97 worth (visually or with info)
I think for that price you get a "professional" font manager like Suitcase/Suitcase Fusion

justice:
I use font every day and I can recommend Linotype FontExplorer (download). It was a generation ahead of Extensis Suitcase and Adobe Type Manager when i started using it a year or two ago.

erwind:
It's obvious I recommend MainType, especially with the 50% discount here at DC.  ;D

But I'm positive other people might prefer another font manager. Although not all font managers have equal features, some people just need a basic font management utility to preview and install fonts. Others need more advanced features like full Unicode support, filtering, duplicate detection, drag and drop, real time font synchronization with Windows, or an auto activate plugin for Adobe Indesign. No font manager has all these features, so do some research and try a couple and then decide what best fits your needs.

In my opinion there are two things a font manager must do:
- It must support at least TrueType and OpenType fonts (some font managers fail)
- It must be stable (don't use Beta software)

PhilB66:
I use font every day and I can recommend Linotype FontExplorer (download). It was a generation ahead of Extensis Suitcase and Adobe Type Manager when i started using it a year or two ago.

-justice (September 09, 2008, 04:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Direct download FontExplorer

Known Problems

The functionality of the FontExplorer X is severely limited under Windows Vista due to issues with user privileges. For this same reason, a user with limited privileges and in the Admin free mode may also experience problems under Windows XP.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version