ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini Review - Helicon Filter - photo editor

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lutz_:
Hello Brett;
good to see a review of this great program!!!  I very much agree with your observations.
(I actually was thinking of writing a review myself.....).
At one point in your review it seems to erroneously mention the "other" program, Helicon "Focus" instead of Filter.

Personally, I do not believe the free version has too much value (too restricted) - the home and Pro versions on the other hand are pretty ingenious.
The Pro version can also be called as a plug-in from other programs like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoLine, etc.

Dormouse:
I've never thought of Helicon Filter as a photo editor or an alternative to Photoshop.
The lack of layers kills that stone dead anyway.

I see it as a relatively simple/straightforward production tool from in-camera image (raw or jpeg) to final photo with an emphasis on correcting camera/lens problems and distortions. Certainly fast. Some retouching tools, but not really an editor. Agree pretty much with Brett. Certainly enough for many people and better than any version of Photoshop for those who just want to tweak their photos and publish/print.

pictoriser:
Mmm... Nice app! 8)
Free version, Pro $75(plugin&multiprocessor),  Home $60, v4xx option-brett (September 07, 2008, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
BTW. I found in Google distributor who offers it with a bit chipper price  ;)

Lutz_:
It would be quite surprising, if this would be legit ???
The lifetime licenses directly from the source are very affordable anyhow.

Mmm... Nice app! 8)
Free version, Pro $75(plugin&multiprocessor),  Home $60, v4xx option-brett (September 07, 2008, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
BTW. I found in Google distributor who offers it with a bit chipper price  ;)
-pictoriser (April 13, 2009, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

cianoc:
How does it compare to Photo.NET?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version