ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

DC Forum Mods Thread

<< < (5/5)

JavaJones:
Yeah, I agree with the warning, just some forums have a "don't post in old threads, ever!" kind of thing going on. Hehe. I know that's not true here though, I see "necro thread revival" all the time. ;)

- Oshyan

wraith808:
I've never understood what's wrong with reviving old threads. If your post is appropriate to the thread subject and the older discussion is useful context, then it makes more sense to post to an existing thread than make a new one in my view...
-JavaJones (July 06, 2011, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm actually the opposite.  Though sometimes it makes sense to post in the original thread, IMO, starting a new thread makes more sense most of the time because of the people moving on or forgetting about the conversation, or just a change in perspective since the original thread.  Also, there might be some things in the old thread that aren't relevant anymore- especially fluff that sometimes gets added to threads.  Just my opinion of course...

mouser:
Just put in place some minor changes to better highlight the New Topic button and put it on more pages.

mouser:
New:

* 12/9/11 - Improved custom code to report forum errors and alerts to automatically throttle emails in case of high volume (like forum server errors)
* 12/9/11 - Added a bunch of code to detect spam-like activity, require first-posters to prove humanness; now AUTOBANS users if they are clearly trying to spam their first post
It's wonderful watching the new code catch and kill spam bots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version