ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Vista suffering from FUD?

(1/7) > >>

Edvard:
Usually over at the LinuxFUD blog, the tactics of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt over Linux are dissected and left pinned to the examination tray, but this time he's looking at FUD from the other side of the hill...

Fear.
...IE8 is drawing criticism from advertisers that claim that the enhanced privacy feature “InPrivate” could seriously affect advertising revenues that ultimately fund many (”free”) Web services. This could have a ripple-effect on the economy, some say...
Uncertainty.
...The [mentioned article] goes on to note that both Microsoft’s market share and raw customer base are at stake, and that the next release of Windows will be pivotal to retaining both...
Doubt.
Reportedly, Seinfeld will become the new spokesman for Microsoft, a move that some view as a risky measure...Fitting that his “much ado about nothing” shtick will probably be leveraged to resurrect Vista sales...

--- End quote ---

http://linuxfud.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/vista-fud/

Vista's been out for some time now, the hype has settled down, and I know we've got some Vista users on this forum.
What is your assessment of Vista and it's future as it affects you personally?

jgpaiva:
Honestly, I don't think that blog post acomplishes anything other providing more pointers (and thus contributing) to the mentioned vista FUD. (but I guess that was the whole idea, right?)
Also, anyone who has as moto "Microsoft can go format themselves" obviously doesn't really have an idea of how the world works.

Honestly, I've been running Vista64 for quite some time now, and I haven't had any of the multiple problems I've seen reported everywhere with XP64.
There's no doubt that it takes more resources, but my computer also is the best computer I've owned, and I really like the few new stuff it gets me (including the oh-so-contested aero interface).

I don't regret moving to Vista64, and I sure recommend it to anyone with over 3GB of ram.

Beth UK:
Honestly, I've been running Vista64 for quite some time now, and I haven't had any of the multiple problems I've seen reported everywhere with XP64
--- End quote ---

Absolutely. Same here!

Darwin:
I've been running Vista 32 on a new notebook for over a month - no issues. Even the UAC doesn't bother me that much. I mean, I shake my head over the decision NOT to allow users to select something like "Don't warn me about the program/action again" but I can live with it...

timns:
I've been "committed" to Vista for a couple of months now. The main lesson I have learned is UPDATE THOSE DRIVERS! Just about every issue I have had has been resolved by getting the latest of the latest.

Last problem I am seeing is the network dropping complet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version