topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Are you reading the blogs on our Link page?  (Read 4905 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Are you reading the blogs on our Link page?
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:50 PM »
Our links page has a nice collection of entertaining blogs about software and about programmers.

For example I enjoyed todays post on Coding Horror about "Dog Fooding": http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/

I was thinking, if you find something on the Links Page (https://www.donation...com/Links/index.html) that you like, maybe you could email the person running the page, let them know you like what they are doing, and mention that you came across their page through the DonationCoder.com Best Links Page?

Would be a nice way of letting them know that we appreciate what they are doing, and spreading the word about our site too.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Are you reading the blogs on our Link page?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:34 AM »
I never really took a look at that page before. Lot of great stuff there...and some things I didn't know about. I ended up adding a few new things to my feed reader, even though I promised myself I wouldn't till I got the whole "information overload" thing under control.

But I have to wonder when was the last time that page was updated?

The "Site of the Month" that is listed there at the top is for December 2007.

And you are still linking to sysinternals.com when you should by now be linking to http://technet.micro.../en-us/sysinternals/

With how international our members are, Pandora might not be as great of a site suggestion as it was when it was originally added to the list. (it's US only) And now there are other sites similar that maybe it could be replaced with, like perhaps Last.fm?

Maybe it's time to go through the page and see what needs to be added, changed, updated, or removed.  ;)

I vote for either adding a new section with the best web comics, or at least adding xkcd and Ctrl+Alt+Del to the existing Online Entertainment and Humor section.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:24 AM »
I've never seen that page before. :huh:

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:51 AM »
We have a blog page? Wow!