topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PersonalBrain 4  (Read 4446 times)

Bulli2010

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PersonalBrain 4
« on: August 30, 2008, 03:59 AM »
http://www.TheBrain.com
One week of my 30 days trial period has passed now and i added a lot of personal information.  :-*
It seems very usefull but it's not really cheap. :-\
Anyone who's already used this or a previous version and can assist my final decision?  :Thmbsup:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PersonalBrain 4
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 09:08 AM »
maybe you can get some info from this thread here. once in that thread, you can do a search within that topic. :)

SC_2008-08-30_004.png

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 02:09 PM »
I purchased The Brain years and years ago, it was version 1 I think. . . it was a while ago. Forgot all about it . . .

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:27 PM »
http://www.TheBrain.com
One week of my 30 days trial period has passed now and i added a lot of personal information.  :-*
It seems very usefull but it's not really cheap. :-\
Anyone who's already used this or a previous version and can assist my final decision?  :Thmbsup:

It really comes down to what you use it for. Personally when I saw the below pane note section in the preview video, it just didn't compare to Compendium's multipage built in text editor.

Of course, if you're an indexer this becomes moot since you can just index your documents and text files to it and it would just be the same but Compendium can do that  in a slower and less prettier but free interface.

The biggest problem I would have if I were going to buy PersonalBrain is stability as both have their problems when you check in each respective site's forum and unfortunately these types of programs require stability because it's a pain to lose your brain. Also Compendium is probably slower because it's java.