Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 03:38:46 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Links to Review and Comments - Add yours!  (Read 12189 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 09, 2005, 06:40:08 PM »

I want to start a thread for all of our application sections with pointers to review and software listing sites that accept reviews.

So users can visit to read more opinions about our programs, and most importantly so that our users can easily go and leave their comments for others to read!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 06:47:03 PM »

If you are a fan of our software please do us a favor and visit these sites and take the time to leave your thoughts for others to read!

FileForum -> http://fileforum.betanews.../review/1111857421/1/view
Softpedia -> http://www.softpedia.com/...ewOpinions/13-9-342,.html
Snapfiles -> http://www.snapfiles.com/..._Tamer/Process_Tamer.html
relequestual
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:11:22 AM »

here is my review of process tamer

http://appaholic.wordpres...sses-taking-all-your-cpu/

Are You An AppAholic?" style="border:0
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »

Thanks relequestual -- that's wonderful.

That's a great blog you are running there as well -- lot's of nice reviews of freeware  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
relequestual
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 03:54:25 PM »

thanks for the special link treatment. Hits gone up massively thanks to you!
Do subscribe if you like. Should have more reviews soon!

rel

Are You An AppAholic?" style="border:0
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 09:35:14 PM »

A very nice detailed write up at dottech.org by Ashraf  Kiss

http://dottech.org/tipsntricks/7015
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 11:14:09 AM »

From PC World this morning:

http://www.pcworld.com/ar...l_with_process_tamer.html

Process Tamer would be especially useful on older, single-CPU PCs. Where there's no dual core (or more) to share the load, CPU management is essential. The best part is, ProcessTamer runs in the background with little to no intervention required. No setup is needed: Just launch and continue working normally.

ps.
Process Tamer 3 is being planned as we speak.
worstje
Honorary Member

The Gent with the White Hat

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 06:30:57 AM »

It isn't my review, but I came across this Softpedia review while looking over their list of reviews and thought it deserved pointing out. smiley

Nice job. Thmbsup
cthorpe
Discount Coordinator
Supporting Member

c++thorpe

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »

ProcessTamer is in the print edition of PC World for Feb 2011 as well (pg 58).

Nixnik
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 01:33:22 AM »

Just a test, but this impressed me...

I tried running a full scan in Immunet and MS Security Essentials, simultaneously, while watching a video on Youtube.  It did take some minor tweaking of Process Tamer's settings to make the video play smoothly, but it worked.

Then I tried watching another video, with *three* virus/malware/crud scans going on [in Immunet, Malwarebytes, and Microsoft Security Essentials].  Full scans, the whole drive, and any removable drives.  Playback was still okay, when there was incoming data, but the network connection got pinched a bit -- probably due to a busy CPU and I/O circus going on in the background.  Switching apps became sluggish, but once switched, whatever was foremost became responsive and behaved sensibly.

So.  Process Tamer is a pretty nifty little app.  It's not quite Linux-level multitasking, but it does keep the bastards in line.

In case you're wondering why Youtube, it's because Flash is very inefficient, uses more CPU cycles, and probably more memory for playback than a comparable .avi movie and player.  And streaming media requires a smooth-flowing network connection.  So if anything goes wrong, it'll show up in the form of choppy video, bad audio, etc.

Oh, and I'll only keep one antivirus, just haven't decided which one yet.  But still.  Wow.

Cheers,

Patrick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.13 ]