ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you manage your email?

(1/14) > >>

superboyac:
What a great question, right?  I am very curious how all of you experienced users manage your boat loads of email.  I want to hear the whole philosophy: rules, filters, tags, categories, flags, whatever you use to sort through the volume.

As much of a computer nut as I am, you'd think I have a solid organizing philosophy for email.  I really don't.  I have a bunch of rules setup, but now that I think about it, it's kind of chaotic and not very efficient.  So I'm wondering how you guys do it.

What happens to incoming mail?  Do you archive, do you delete when you're done?

Personally, I haven't deleted anything (that wasn't spam) since 1996.  Email is personal history, I keep it all.  But I should organize it better and it should be more automated.

Also, if you know of any good url's to articles already written about this, please share!

Darwin:
I use Outlook 2007 (and before that 2003 and before that 2000...) and organize my mail into folders using Rules. If you're by any chance looking for a Spam solution, I can recommend Spambayes... I love it and it's free!

superboyac:
No, no, Darwin, you don't get off that easy!  No, this is not about spam; this is about the real stuff.  So, what are your rules?  What's the philosophy behind it?

Ehtyar:
I use Thunderbird and my 5 accounts (soon to be 3, email accts are a bi7ch) all go into a single inbox. I imagine I will eventually have to do my own spam protection (probably spam assassin, <3 perl) as the email accounts are hosted with my domain, and their spam protection is a tad too aggressive.

Ehtyar.

superboyac:
Please, people, I don't mean to be rude, but this isn't about spam.

Ehtyar, I use The Bat!, and I think one of the great strengths of The Bat is it's ability to handle multiple email accounts relatively painlessly.  Check it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version