Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 09:50:38 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Links to Reviews and Comments - Add yours!  (Read 30195 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »

Also there is a dedicated hotkey available for repeating the capture of the same area, if you need to keep capturing the same area over and over.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 06:25:31 PM »

oh and i forgot to say, thank you viau2555 for such kind words about the program Kiss
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 12:47:29 AM »

I got a nice human email from the folks at findmysoft.com pointing out the review they did for Screenshot Captor, including a nice overview video:

http://screenshot-captor.findmysoft.com/

It's rare these days when a software site actually takes the time to use your software, and rarer still to get a nice real human email from them about it, so I just wanted to acknowledge their work.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2013, 07:50:28 AM »

dottech shootout:

[Windows] Best free screenshot program — PicPick vs FastStone Capture vs Screenshot Captor vs Jet Screenshot

Screenshot Captor gets 'first honorable mention'

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 05:57:51 PM »

Ghacks has a nice writeup of SC4:

http://www.ghacks.net/201...-taking-tool-on-steroids/
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »

Nice write-up of the new release by BetaNews writer Nick Peers, who clearly took the time to read about the new features:

http://betanews.com/2013/...s-adds-free-hand-painting

joby_toss
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »

Not a review nor a comment, but just a listing to portablefreeware.com: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2412

@mouser: if you have any observation, please tell me so I can modify the database entry accordingly.

I am a 3D body trapping a single dimension soul.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »

Thanks joby, and thanks for using the new image.  Looks good to me.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »

The FileForum site is really great about posting announcements of beta releases of Screenshot Captor:
http://fileforum.betanews...nshot-Captor/1119683215/1

It's just a shame that there are so few user reviews of SC there, and no good ones for almost two years..
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2013, 08:54:41 AM »

Nice short post on "Dr. Andus's toolbox" blog:

Then I remembered that I still had a copy of Screenshot Captor (SC), which the first time put me off with its busier interface.

However, having spent a bit more time with SC, I was amazed with all the extra and really well-thought-out functionality. Its Quick-Capture bar turned out to be the solution to my problem, as I could take the screenshot with one click of the mouse, which overrode the keyboard sensitivity of the software window I wanted to capture.

Since then I’ve switched to SC as my main screenshot software, as it speeds up greatly the whole process of capturing the screenshot, editing the file name, and editing the image itself, as part of e.g. creating screenshots for this blog.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2013, 05:33:56 PM »

Screenshot Captor is featured in PC World' just posted "Show, don't tell: 6 great tools for capturing, annotating, and sharing screenshots":

http://www.pcworld.com/ar...-sharing-screenshots.html

Compared to both Screenpresso and Snagit, Screenshot Captor feels utilitarian and complex. But it's also very powerful, and perhaps more important, it's free/donationware. Screenshot Captor has all the same capture tools Screenpresso and Snagit feature, including scrolling capture. In fact, its scrolling capture feature even out-performed Snagit's in a PCWorld's review of a previous version... If you prefer a more traditional look to your utilities, or want to try a powerful free tool before shelling out money for a commercial alternative, you should try out Screenshot Captor. If you find it useful, consider donating to the developer.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »

From Software Informer:
http://screenshot-captor.software.informer.com/
"I can only highly-recommend this tool as it is, without doubt, one of the best free screen capture tools that one can find."
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.046s | Server load: 0.12 ]