ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Links to Reviews and Comments - Add yours!

<< < (5/19) > >>

steveorg:
The Screen Capture review page at Tech Support Alert has two negative comments that may need correcting.
Only the Windows 7 snipping tool will snip multiple monitors. Some will work if the first monitor is "empty" ( Screenshot captor among others), but with images on both screens none of the listed programs work properly on a multi-monitor setup.
--- End quote ---
The following screen savers failed due to fact that they lower the screen resolution before a save thereby effectively cropping out over half the screen.  They may work fine if your screen resolution is set very low.
--- End quote ---

I'm not in a position to have an opinion about these comments, but overall, I like Screen Captor better than their Editor's Choice, especially now that ZUploader is integrated.

Steve

mouser:
Thanks for the heads up steve, i've posted a reply to clear up any confusion.
And thanks for the warm words about SC  :up:

steveorg:
Now that Mouser has corrected the record, I added this comment to the article.

Screenshot Captor should be the Editor's Choice. It has every feature listed in the article and comments, including the features the Editor's Choice and top picks are missing. (How did DuckCapture become Editor's Choice without an image editor?)

Screenshot Captor also has several other features. My favorite is direct upload to Dropbox, Flicker, Image Shack, Photobucket, etc., etc. with auto creation of URL shortner links through most of the main URL shortner sites such as goo.gl and bit.ly.

I have never encountered the multi-monitor and screen resolution issues that were mentioned, so I suspect they are due to unusual and obscure bugs.

Given all the features, intuitive use and high level of configurability, it should have been named Screenshot Kitchen Sink.
--- End quote ---

Steve

mouser:
thanks steve  :up:

I'm going to try to revisit this rare bug that the editor suffered and see if i can't trace down the cause of it.  The reviewer can hardly be blamed for not choosing a program that can't capture on his screen properly.  But the high number of programs that failed gives a pretty clear indication that something odd is going on -- that something is triggering a bug in all of these screenshot programs.

Grorgy:
Gizmo's freeware have moved screenshot captor up to the number 1 spot now.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version