ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

And... The Ultimate Steal makes a comeback

<< < (5/5)

Darwin:
We students are poor fellas that still have to work with Windows 98. A little help is always welcomed
-Lashiec (December 18, 2008, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

If your university has an arrangement with MS through www.dreamspark.com, you can get 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 and 2008... FREE!

Lashiec:
If your university has an arrangement with MS through www.dreamspark.com, you can get 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 and 2008... FREE!
-Darwin (December 18, 2008, 08:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehe, just mocking Carol a bit. Thankfully we have arrangements with Microsoft so we can get for free nearly all of their important software, except for Office, of course.

Even then, without this arrangement, my fellow students know where to get them for free ;D

Carol Haynes:
I haven't actually installed Windows Server 2003/2008 yet (though I have downloaded it and got a key). Are you saying both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are on the same image because DreamSpark doesn't doesn't mention the installation type.

Darwin:
I haven't actually installed Windows Server 2003/2008 yet (though I have downloaded it and got a key). Are you saying both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are on the same image because DreamSpark doesn't doesn't mention the installation type.
-Carol Haynes (December 19, 2008, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

The download at dreamspark for Windows Server 2008 is for the 32-bit version. However, the key is good for either 32-bit or 64-bit so, if you want the 64-bit version you need to download the trial ISO from MS, burn it to DVD, install it and then you can activate it with the key. However, AFAIK, you can only activate one OR the other version with the key, not both.

Carol Haynes:
OK - I didn't know that. Useful stuff ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version