ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

And... The Ultimate Steal makes a comeback

<< < (2/5) > >>

Lashiec:
What regions of the world is this offer limited to?
-Deozaan (September 09, 2008, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lazy guy :P

Just a catch: you have to be a student, and live in one of the countries that offers the promotion (hover the mouse cursors over the flag to see them).
-Lashiec (September 03, 2008, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Whoops. :)

I skimmed the initial post and missed that part. :-[

lanux128:
i wish they'd extend the offer to more countries. :-\

Carol Haynes:
Hmm ...the comback continues and now they are including (with UK prices):

Office 2007 Ultimate Edition £38.95
Office 2007 Language Pack £9.95 (per language)
Visio 2007 Professional £36.95
Vista Ultimate (SP1) Upgrade Editions (both 32-bit and 64-bit editions available) £40.95 each

These are all downloadable editions but you can order media for each item at £9 each (except Language Packs which are download only).

You can only buy one copy.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-uk/default.aspx

Available in 14 different countries

Darwin:
So... the upgrade to Vista Ultimate 64-bit, as I understand it, should download as an iso. Legalities aside, this *should* allow me to do a clean install of Vista 64-bit over my 32-bit version of Vista Home Premium, no? The upgrade paths that they list on the Windows website indicate that from a licensing perspective one cannot upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit version... However, Windows Secrets and other bloggers have advertised with abandon the fact that it is possible to buy upgrade versions of Vista and use them to do clean installs. The legal aspects of this are murky...

Of course, I have Windows Server 2008 64-bit already BUT I'll need to spend much, much more than $70 to buy versions of various software that I want to run under it that WILL run under it (ie I need Server versions, which are "dear", to say the least).

Thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version