topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: looking for...a wiki?  (Read 29509 times)

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: looking for...a wiki?
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Here's an article about it : http://www.lifehack....laboration-tool.html

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Wiggio looks pretty nice. But the disclaimers in their privacy policy would make me a little concerned about what company information I'd put up there.

To be fair, their policy isn't all that different than many online collaboration offerings.

What does bother me, however is the fact that they interface with various 3rd parties who pay Wiggio for access to its non-paying user base.

Wiggio is very careful to point out they have no control over their partner's actions. Nor does Wiggio require that any of these unidentified 3rd parties adhere to Wiggio's privacy policies. In fact, they wash their hands of anything their partners may get up to:

This privacy policy covers the use of cookies by Wiggio and does not cover the use of cookies or other tracking technologies by any of its advertisers.

Something about that would make me think twice. If I decided to go with a web-based solution, I'd feel safer if I were paying for the service. The Wiggio revenue stream is too dependent on entities other than it's actual users for me feel comfortable using it for business purposes.

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 10:23 PM »
If I decided to go with a web-based solution, I'd feel safer if I were paying for the service. The Wiggio revenue stream is too dependent on entities other than it's actual users for me feel comfortable using it for business purposes.

I agree.

DancingFool

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 01:30 AM »
This is not a wiki (no history, etc) but a very simple to use program that does what you want and you may already own.

If you have MS Office, see if you have OneNote available - it comes in some versions.  Set up a shared OneNote folder, put in a simple template.  Get each person to start OneNote and find the shared folder (only need to do that once).  If you can type in a Word document, you already know how to edit OneNote. I wouldn't bother buying it just for this, but if you already own it ...

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 01:46 AM »
sadly, this isn't an option...