ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mythbusters Silenced by Credit Card Companies

<< < (6/8) > >>

steeladept:
maybe I am missing something, but these devices are just microelectronics, right?  Can't an EMP pulse (or even a rare earth magnet for that matter) screw it up enough to be unusable?  I understand that is not as feasible with credit cards, since that is what they run off of, but for the passport?  Just a thought.

CWuestefeld:
I just got my passport and it also has RFID in it. :(
-Deozaan (September 07, 2008, 12:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
I had read that the gov't was going to issue these with insulating sleeves to prevent bad guys from reading it (kind of like the way EasyPass toll devices are shipped). But my wife's new RFID passport did not have this.

They really don't take security seriously at all.

Ehtyar:
I think I'm still missing the point entirely...were people getting RSI from having to actually make physical contact between their cards and the terminal? Is this too much for people in the 21st century?

Ehtyar.

tomos:
I think I'm still missing the point entirely...were people getting RSI from having to actually make physical contact between their cards and the terminal? Is this too much for people in the 21st century?
-Ehtyar (September 07, 2008, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
:tellme: are you posting to the wrong thread Ethyar - or misreading something ? (or am I ...)

Ehtyar:
Er...I started this thread. I was speaking in regards to the CC companies embedding rfid tags into their cards, and questioning the reasoning for it.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version