ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AntiVirus with decent anti-spyware (realtime) detection

<< < (7/9) > >>

Grorgy:
Oh and by the way, i am a bit of a fanatic now lol. I was a fan of Kaspersky, but it started doing on odd things on my system, I was frequently, every time i'd log in, getting error reports which made no sense to me, so I looked around, and ESET, well it had a tick from mouser, at the time anyway, it uses nod, which seems to be a favourably reviewed and well thought of AV and I've set it and more or less forget it.  It updates maybe 2 or 3 times a day, depending on when they release one, i have it set to check every hour and on startup, but not more than once an hour.  So I am a happy eset person  :-*

Darwin:
I'm sure ESET would have been fine - the specs of my Win2k notebook are far above the system requirementst that ESET lists for the OS. My decision was made based more on the fact that it costs me nothing to use BitDefender as I've got 16 months remaining on a 3 system licence. BitDefender 2008 is still supported and installed no problem and a quick scan took 29 minutes. I can live with this!

4wd:
One I haven't heard of before but gets the paw of approval on BearWare is RISING AntiVirus.

System requirements are listed as Win98 -> Vista and includes pretty much anti-everything.

I haven't tried it, download is a little on the large side at ~54MB but maybe worth a shot.

I've always found Bear's picks to be pretty much on the money.

BTW, he also picks out RISING Firewall, (a free version), but his link is broken and I can't seem to find another.

Darwin:
So, Josh, what did you finally wind up deciding on?

Josh:
My apologies for not replying to this. I have decided and am currently running on Webroot Spysweeper. I might be moving back to Symantec Endpoint Protection as it is free from the army, but I am letting spysweeper have a run for a few months. It has helped stop some of the malware my wife tries to install, so its working as it should it appears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version