ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AntiVirus with decent anti-spyware (realtime) detection

<< < (6/9) > >>

dantheman:
Darwin,

I guess there's no way to always keep our old computers (notebooks) at par with all the enhancements that are brought upon with the ever evolving technologies that most often require quite a bit more "juice".  :o

Anyway, if it's any indication of the way other programs behave, AVG8 Network Edition would take about an hour (if not more) to do a full scan of my notebook (4 years old).

Darwin:
Dantheman - no doubt you're right. However, with AV and AS I can't really see why I'd need more power. The notebook used to run Norton and after that McAfee years ago. Anyway, not to worry -Bitdefender to the resuce (I can use it's real time threat detection and scan at night. No biggie. Doesn't have AS, though  :( I'll have to find something else to deal with that).

Darwin:
Good news! BitDefender 2009 is out with built-in AntiSpyware!
Bad news... Win2k no longer supported  :(

dantheman:
Yabutt!

Not that i want to sound like an ESET fanatic or somethin, but if my memory serves me well (i'm not the one who signs the contracts) it has support for most (if not all) systems.

Grorgy:
wellllll from their help file

For seamless operation of ESET Smart Security, the system should meet the following hardware and software requirements:

Windows 2000, XP, 2003

400 MHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64)
128MB RAM of system memory
35MB available space
Super VGA (800 x 600)

Windows Vista

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64)
512MB RAM of system memory
35MB available space
Super VGA (800 x 600)
--- End quote ---

So not all, but most of what would be out there, in the windows world anyway!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version