ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List of newbie questions regarding software

<< < (18/23) > >>

superboyac:
Just putting this here as a reminder:

For some reason, I can't find a simple app that does this.

Basically what I want is a check list program that repeats the check list like a session.

Sure, there are to do list programs with recurring events but none that does this that resides at the systray.
-Paul Keith (November 18, 2008, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know what you mean.  If possible, please explain in more detail how the program should work.

Paul Keith:
The core idea is basically a to do list program that you can keep repeating without a pre-defined scheduled time.

Ex.

Say I have a set of search engines for just doing a search on a specific video.

Now this could possibley be what I have on a notetaking tool of any kind.

=Metacafe
=Youtube
=Oxytube
=Revver
=Viddler
=Google

I could even have this as a browser session for easier usage. Problem is, I might lose track of which item I have searched for already. This is unlikely but I could see it happening as I search for more key words.

So I set up a to do list/check list to do this. Unfortunately now I have to keep rewriting the to do list. Of course, I could just copy paste these items but I thought it would be easier to manage if a program specifically sets out so you can repeat this template over and over again. I'd settle for OneNote's templates but I find inserting a template as pretty much at length with just copy pasting/rewriting the to do list all over again.

tomos:
I'm interested in something similar -I think- I say "I think" cause I'm afraid I still dont understand what exactly you want Paul

do you want a todo list of items that you can easily reproduce & make variation on?
or
do you want a todo list hat you can simply reuse when it done - start over - to-do again?

do you have a set bunch of actions (as example of searches above) that you want to do/apply to various items/words/whatever ?

Paul Keith:
Tomos, I think what you're asking is inseparable IMO.

As a base model, the latter can satisfy me but of course if there's a program for the former, the better.

tomos:
Tomos, I think what you're asking is inseparable IMO.

As a base model, the latter can satisfy me but of course if there's a program for the former, the better.
-Paul Keith (November 19, 2008, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

does that mean you're not going to answer my questions ;D  :tellme:

here's a couple more:
what's the former ? 
what's the latter ?

(I'm not taking the piss - I really dont know what you're referring to ...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version