ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List of newbie questions regarding software

<< < (15/23) > >>

Paul Keith:
Hi, feeling really sick right now so just a quick bump.

-Still trying to figure out SQLNotes though I've been feeling too weak to get the motivation to read the SQLNotes thread.
-Planning on testing Sciral's Consistency and searching for other desktop variations of habit trackers. Thanks to Apps' AnotherOneDone for reminding me of these kinds of softwares.
-Planning to do a review on Hordit

Armando:
Hi, feeling really sick right now so just a quick bump.

-Still trying to figure out SQLNotes though I've been feeling too weak to get the motivation to read the SQLNotes thread.

-Paul Keith (October 03, 2008, 04:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Take care of your health and then go have a look there (http://sites.google.com/site/infoqube/Home) and there too : http://sqlnotes.wikispaces.com/

SQLNotes is in the process of changing name (slowly getting out of its beta phase) to become InfoQube or IQ.

superboyac:
Hey!  Good choice for the name, I like it!

Paul, you and mouser are probably having similar difficulties with SQLNotes.  I had the same issues in the beginning (probably more).  Put in the effort to figure it out.  Most likely, if SN can't do what you're trying to do, there probably isn't another information management system available yet that can.

suleika:
Have you tried all-weather paper?  There are a lot of products out there.  For the odd short reminder I have a chinagraph pencil in the shower (aka grease pencil or wax pencil) and write on directly onto the wall - it cleans off perfectly.-suleika (September 13, 2008, 06:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've heard of the paper but I really didn't feel like they were an affordable option especially for short note taking but a chinagraph pencil, there's something I haven't heard of before. What are the things to look out for when buying such a pencil?
-Paul Keith (September 13, 2008, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry I didn't notice your question till now.  I got my chinagraph pencils from a serious stationary store.   Chinagraph pencil is basically like wax crayons but less soft and wrapped in a protective way.  I don't know where you're from and it might be called something different, but you can probably find it once you search for the correct term.

As to the all-weather paper - from what you describe, you could have a rolling notebook, where you write, and then transfer your notes elsewhere.  Then you simply cross out the original entry and you wouldn't need to start a new page or waste paper.

Darwin:
Chinagraph pencil is basically like wax crayons but less soft and wrapped in a protective way.
-suleika (October 05, 2008, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could also invest in either a Fisher Space Pen or a Fisher Space Pen Refill...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version