ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite USB External Storage Device Manager -- and why?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Armando:
Maybe I could "retitle" the thread and make it "What's the best USB external storage device manager"? What do you think?

Darwin:
Might be an idea, particularly if you can add a poll. Make "C" 'Other' and ask posters to report what they're using...

I hadn't noticed that USB Safely Remove is shareware... Not that the functionality is not worth it, but it's another mark in the "con" column for me. Having said that, I should probably donate to the USBDLM developer. Haven't done so yet and it is an oversight.

Darwin:
BTW - the commercial licence for http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.htmlUSBDLM is $14.40 (USD) so I suppose that makes more sense than donating. I also note that there isn't any "Make a donation" link on the web page...

[Off-topic]When did the new URL pasting thingy (that's a technical term) get implemented? Pretty slick![/Off-topic]

wr975:
> it's $20 though, isn't it ?]

Not in Euros. :P

Back then I asked about their license details. The license is lifetime (also for all new major releases) + you're allowed to use the same license on all your private PCs at the same time.

Armando:
OK. I changed the thread's title -- but it's not possible to add a poll. So now the two main contenders are:

- "USBDLM" (free for private use)
- "USB Safely Remove" ($20 for a lifetime license, and can be used on multiple personal PCs at the same time). (Thanks wr975!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version