ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite USB External Storage Device Manager -- and why?

<< < (2/7) > >>

wr975:
For anyone who works a lot with USB devices, I can only recommend USB Safely Remove.

It's like USBDLM just with a fancy GUI and some extra features, like disabling devices (even ones which don't support disconnecting).

TucknDar:
Been using USBDLM for a couple of years now. Excellent utility! I was considering writing a mini mini-review for it, but I don't know when or if I'll have the time.

Highly recommended, though!

Darwin:
I love USBDLM as well - it's absolutely essential to my backup routine, which involves Super Flexible File Synchronizer and four or five different USB devices. USBDLM means that I can set and forget my backup routines and just run them without worrying about the drive designations changing and messing up my backup.

Thanks for the pointer to USB Safely Remove, wr975. I'll have to check it out, though once you set USBDLM up it's rock solid and very, very simple to use. It's also unbelievably light on resources, so I've very little incentive to change!

Mark0:
Cool! Thanks for this tool's suggestion!

nosh:
There's also Nirsoft's USBDeview that lets you weed out the devices you no longer use from Windows' "memory"... it's interesting to see some of the stuff that's been there if you've got a long running Windows install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version