ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FF and Gmail users: is there any way to assign a shortcut to 'compose message'?

<< < (2/2)

urlwolf:
Thanks app;
In my side of things, that link is not really very efficient, because it shows the 'loading Gmail' progress bar. If I have to wait a few secs everytime I send an email... :)

Well, one thing I noticed is that FF loads gmail a lot faster than Opera.

cmpm: your solution works, but it takes a while to load too. Same problem. If you click compose on a window that has Gmail open already the text box is instantly up. Not if you use the link.

cmpm:
You could try switching to basic gmail.
It's faster then the latest with all the bells and whistles.

You get the same info, it's just plain.

lanux128:
i've been using a modified bookmarklet based on Gmail This bookmarklet. just need to add a keyword and type that keyword on the location bar to open a compose window.

here's the code, just drag the link to your toolbar or bookmarks menu and drop.

--- ---javascript:(function(){m='http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=&su=';w=window.open(m,'status=yes,toolbar=no,resizable=yes');setTimeout(function(){w.focus();},%20250);})();

cmpm:
I just picked up on this-

Using Gmail just got easier (FF only)

If you're a Gmail user, the Google Toolbar can set Gmail as your default email program. Once you've done this, clicking on an email link will automatically open a Gmail Compose page. Learn more

--- End quote ---

http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/FT5/intl/en/index.html

The FF users of google toolbar have been using version 3 and now there is a beta 5 for FF. There is a version 5 for IE7.

I haven't tried it yet, having just found out. I'd not like it if it screwed my settings up. Might give it a whirl tomorrow.

Deozaan:
I don't use the Google Toolbar but Gmail is still set to my default e-mail program somehow. Maybe via Gtalk?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version