Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 28, 2014, 07:26:08 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dropbox - Offering paid plan now  (Read 2685 times)
jazper
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 26, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »

Dropbox is now offering a paid plan.  The options are rather limited at this time, but my understanding is that they will be offering more at a future time.

Currently they offer a 2gb free account or a 50gb 9.99/month (99.99/year) account.

https://www.getdropbox.com/plans

Edit: Fixed the free account size for non beta users, the 5gb and 53gb are because I beta tested dropbox

* DropboxPlans.png (27.04 KB, 652x759 - viewed 237 times.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:51:22 PM by jazper » Logged
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »

When I go there it shows a free 2GB account or 50GB for $10. According to your screenshot, it looks like you get an extra 3GB on both accounts.

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »

I think the confusion here is because jazper must own his account for some time, meaning he used dropbox when it was in test phase (or something like that) and thus, is allowed to have more storage.

New accounts only have access to 2GB on the free account.

jazper
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »

Yes, sorry..I was a beta tester and ran out of 2gb space, so they gave me an additional 3gb, which I get to keep. I forgot about that!
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 02:53:30 PM »

the 10$ for 40 or 50GB seems to be a standard almost - there's probably so much demand at the moment there's not much incentive yet for them or others to offer something in between ... unfortunately

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.07 ]