USB Safely Remove
Seems like a very nice app (remember installing it a long time ago...). I'm not sure though, but from the description, USB Safely Remove doesn't seem to do the same thing. It's more about managing drive names, assigning keyboard shortcuts, etc., but not really "permanently" assigning letters to specific volumes in relation to specific criteria, etc.
Here's the feature list :
- Safely remove in one click
- Get rid of unnecessary devices!
- Global keyboard shortcuts
- Correct and clear device names
- The device cannot be stopped right now : close the offending processes!
- Garanteed ejection!
- Notifications about connected and removed devices
- Starting programs after connecting and before removing a device
- Automating work with devices (Command line)
- Working with any hotplug devices - USB, SATA, FireWire
- Displaying volume labels instead of device names, Switching to volume names
- Customizable icon in the system tray
I wonder if it would conflict with the USBDLM... Anybody running both?