ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Flowchart and Diagramming Review

(1/8) > >>

sword:
I'd like to try to add a bit, if possible, to something in a Flowchart/Diagram section with more details in the diagram section. I'm willing to try a bit of a summary or overview but I don't feel anywhere near qualified to do a complete review. I know almost nothing about most of the high priced and recently released apps. Let me know where to contribute if possible. sword

sword:
I’m working on an overview. I have a list of some applications in Flowcharting/Diagramming and will examine details at the listed URLs. Additions welcome.

3D Grapher ABC Flowcharter AddressManager Aditi allCLEAR Antechinus Draw Magic Brother’s Keeper Cartia Cause and Effect Diagram Chartist Chartsmith ConceptBase ConceptDraw ConceptDraw V Professional CORAL Corel Flow CPM Dia Diagram Designer Documentor Download Process Developer Enterprise Edition EDGE Diagrammer edraw flowchart software 1.5 Envision FFW FLEX++ Flow Charting Flow Charting 5 FlowBiz FTM Graham Process Charting Software 6.0 GRAS grok IFS Business Modeler iGrafx FlowCharter Jandrete - Marketing Plan Pro Knowledge Foundation Layout Flow Legacy MacFlow Macromedia Authorware Macromedia Director Macromedia Flash MaintSmart MGX Flowcharter Mindmanager Personal MS ACCESS MS Excel MS Frontpage MS Project MS Publisher MyInfo 2.5 OmniGraffle OnBase OrgBuilder OrgPublisher ProcedureNet Process Developer Enterprise Edition Process Developer Enterprise Edition 2.1 QuickBase RDBRFFlow RFFlow 5 ROL Sigmalink Sitepoint SmartDraw SmartDraw 6.2 Professional Plus SmartSketch SodiPodi SourceCode2Flowchart Sprite Drawing Flowchart Software TeamFlow TeeChart Pro Think 2000 ThoughtFlow Visio Visio 2003 Pro WebFlowChart WinFlo WizFlow WordPerfect Workflow Engine WorkflowGen YACL Ygnius mindmapping ZigZag

Carol Haynes:
SmartDraw is now into version 7.3

mouser:
sword - that would be great to start off a review on diagrammers!

and wow!!! that's some list!  :up:
personally i'm very interested in this category and would be thrilled to see a comprehensive review of this category.

let me put up a template for the part1 section of reviews on the website you can download.
basically its just like an outline with a table for putting info about programs.

at least 50-60% of the work of these reviews is collecting a list of the various applications and making this part1 overview of the category and the screenshots and program info, so it would be a HUGE great start to start to make progress on that.

let me know any other way i can help.

once the part1 "catalog" of programs is written, the rest of us can help narrow down the field and identify the top tier of programs that are worthy of more detailed investigation..

i'm really looking forward to this review..

brotherS:
I’m working on an overview. I have a list of some applications in Flowcharting/Diagramming and will examine details at the listed URLs. Additions welcome.
-sword (October 28, 2005, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
http://www.diagramstudio.com/ds/add_text_to_your_diagram.htm looks great - and the http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DiagramStudio/996394192/1 rating is very good too!

Check also the http://www.diagramstudio.com/ds/qtour.htm - wow! Maybe you could use those animated gifs for your review. I really wish I had this a few years ago... would have saved me tons of time...

I like the scaled paper and how it looks:

Btw, is there a nice and free make-animated-gif-out-of several png screenshots tool?

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version