topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: College Alarm Clock - Freeware Alarm with Different settings for each day  (Read 16243 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Basically a simple alarm clock with a different tab/alarm for each day.  Looks like a simple solution that could be just the thing some people might need.

College Alarm Clock 1.06 is a personal Alarm Clock for your PC. Features a 7-Day Format so that you can wake up earlier/later on different days of the week. Save/Load your weekly schedule to your hard drive. It will play any media file stored on your PC or LAN. You must have a player installed for each media file you wish to play (e.g., Winamp for mp3's or CD's, media player for avi's, Real Player for .rm's) Created by a college student for college students... in other words, freeware.

from http://tech.cybernetnews.com/

hypert

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
We made a real alarm clock that did this in college!  Ok, it was in a computer hardware class, and all the pieces were sticking up out of a "breadboard", but it was basically the same thing (without the MP3 support).  Man, that took so long to get working.  I'm glad you can do this in software in a couple hours now! ;D

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
cool! i wish i had an alarm clock like that when i was in college. ;D

psionics

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • freestyle (nunchaku) forum.net
    • Donate to Member
very nice apps  :Thmbsup:

aidan_cage

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
kind of lame that I would have to sleep with the sound of my laptop humming and spinning all night just to hear the alarm go off on time...
a better program would somehow boot my computer at a given time and wake me up with that, hell even load my email and facebook ;)

alivingspirit

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice but I need an alarm that I can set multiple alarms per day. Then I can wake up, go to class and go back to sleep. :D

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Why not just send the computer to class and take notes for you?

alivingspirit

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 :o Brilliant!

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
kind of lame that I would have to sleep with the sound of my laptop humming and spinning all night just to hear the alarm go off on time...
a better program would somehow boot my computer at a given time and wake me up with that, hell even load my email and facebook ;)

I cannot agree more with that from the standpoint of contributing to Global warming besides burning a hole in your pocket unless you need to computer to be running in any case while you sleep.

A Desktop computer that is running all the time easily takes up a couple of hundred watts of electricity and more if you leave the monitor on. A laptop that is running easily takes up about 50 watts or more. And not forgetting that heat generated by your computer makes your air-conditioning unit works harder (during summer that is)

Instead I rely on my Windows Mobile Phone and pTravelAlarm

Burr Oak Software
"pTravelAlarm for Windows Mobile

Great little program
This alarm clock is a great little program. It does everything I need it to do."
http://www.burroak.on.ca/pta.html

You can set up to 10 individual alarms and each alarm can be configured individually as to which day it will trigger. Each alarm can be configured as to how loud it should be. And the set up is extremely simple.

You are even provided with a Today Screen plug in to show you at a glance which is the next active alarm.

It is even smart enough to sound even if you have silenced the Windows Mobile device.

Even when the phone is in standby, it will wake up and wake me up.

It also has big Snooze and Stop buttons spaced well apart so you don't accidentally mistake in your sleepy state.

And it doesn't even make the world warmer since my phone is on standby in any case.

And all this for US$9.99

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Move over and give us some room...
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member

Alarm is also a free alarm program but unfortunately it can't set up more than one alarm.

http://bluefive.pair.com/alarm.htm
Mouser is made of win and awesome!