ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AltDesk 1.8 on Giveawayoftheday (Sept 2, 2008)

<< < (2/2)

Darwin:
Thanks for the Toolbar skin pointer, Armando  :Thmbsup: That increases my appreciation of the application 10-fold! I wasn't too keen on the supplied skins, given that I run my XP box in Classic view mode. I can confirm, too, that AltDesk's RAM usage is minimal...

Sadly, I just can't see myself using this  :o

lanux128:
AltDesk comes from the reputable makers of AstonShell which i have seen being used on a friend's PC. although i'm not much of virtual desktop user to provide a proper comparison. :)

Armando:
Thanks for the Toolbar skin pointer, Armando  :Thmbsup: That increases my appreciation of the application 10-fold! I wasn't too keen on the supplied skins, given that I run my XP box in Classic view mode. I can confirm, too, that AltDesk's RAM usage is minimal...

Sadly, I just can't see myself using this  :o
-Darwin (September 02, 2008, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well... here's the deal  :)  I won't use it much either. But I know it will be handy from time to time. So I've just configured two shortcuts (ctrl+shift+1, ctrl+shift+2) to move from one desktop to the other, and I will only use it when I work on on many projects and have too many windows opened.

And the "Move tasks to this desktop" option (right click on bar>Advanced>Move tasks to this desktop) is convenient when you're finished working in multiple spaces and want to get back to a normal desktop again...

I guess I see that as more convenient choice. The application is not intrusive at all and so I'll keep it and see...

Darwin:
The application is not intrusive at all and so I'll keep it and see...
-Armando (September 02, 2008, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly where I am with it... Though I'd forgotten that it was there until I was notified of your reply to this thread! I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to get to know it  ;D

Grorgy:
That's my problem with these as well, I don't feel the need for the function mostly and when I do I forget anyway  ;D  Stardock have one too, though I can't remember what it was like. (It is a part object desktop, don't know if it comes separately.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version